|TV Patrol Southern Tagalog
Ang Higit na Pinalakas na Patrol ng Pilipino sa Timog Katagalugan
||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group
|Country of origin
|No. of episodes
||n/a (airs Monday-Friday)
||ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas
||February 9, 2009 – present
TV Patrol Southern Tagalog is the local news network broadcast of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in Batangas City, Philippines. The newscast is in a tabloid-style format. The program delivers news headlines about the current events in the Southern Tagalog region, which today is divided into CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Northwest Parts of Bataan are Bagac, Orion, Limay and Mariveles and Parts of Camarines Norte are Santa Elena, Capalonga and Jose Panganiban
In addition, it is the only newscast in the Philippines with a using video traffic system and sign language of the news for audience with visual difficulties. It is similar to TV Patrol Central Visayas, TV Patrol Northern Luzon and TV Patrol Bicol.
Aired originally as Batangas News Patrol in September 2008, TV Patrol Southern Tagalog broadcast using its current program title on February 9, 2009 and had a formal launch August 31, 2009. It airs live daily from ABS-CBN Batangas at 5:00 pm, from Monday to Friday, simulcast over ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas City, TV-24 Lucena City, TV-38 Lipa City, TV-11 Occidental Mindoro, TV-21 Calapan, TV-40 Jalajala, TV-46 San Pablo, and TV-32 Tagaytay. It is also simulcast on radio via MOR 92.7 Batangas For Life!.
TV Patrol Southern Tagalog is anchored by experienced Batangas City news anchor Paul Hernandez and Joan Panopio. The program is backed by a formidable team of ABS-CBN reporters.
Logo used from 2011 to 2013
Area of coverage
- Oras Ni Juan (Ernie Manio)
- Alamin News
- Police Report
- Sports Patrol
- Star Patrol
- Bida Juan
- Bida Voice
- Kalikasan Patrol
- Listo Ako
- Ronda Probinsya
- CCTV Patrol
- Lingkod Kapamilya
- Kalusugan Patrol
- Weather Report
- Choose Philippines
- TVP Special Task
- Joan Panopio
- Paul Hernandez
- Ernie Manio - one of the reporters added to the newscast in its formal launch in August 2009. He has a segment called "Oras Ni Juan".
- Angelique Atienza - one of the reporters added to the newscast in its formal launch in 2011. she is also alternate anchor for Joan Panopio.
- Cesca Joves - one of the reporters added to the newscast in its formal launch in 2013. she is also alternate anchor for Joan Panopio.
- Val Balita - one of the reporters added to the newscast in its formal launch in 2011. He is also alternate anchor for Paul Hernandez.
- Tina Ganzon - one of the earliest reporters for the newscast hailing from Ibaan in Batangas and a sit-in anchor for Sarita Kare, she is now director for communications for the Philippine Department of Education.
- Edison Reyes - one of the additions to the newscast in its August 2009 launch, he became Sarita Kare's co-anchor in January 2010, making him the first male anchor of the newscast. He is now a reporter for DWFM-FM and for DWET-TV.
- Michael Cuyugan - the earliest male reporter for the newscast in its February 2009 soft launch.
- Kris Saunar
- Carolyn Bonquin - she is now a field reporter in ABS-CBN Manila.
- Sarita Kare-Telado - she is the earliest anchor (2009-2013)