TV Patrol Bicol is the local news network broadcast of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group for the Bicol Region. The newscast is done in a tabloid-style format. The program delivers news headlines about the current events in the Bicol Region and in other places nationwide using the Central Bikolano language as a medium of delivery.
It is aired live daily from ABS-CBN Naga at 5:15 PM, from Monday to Friday, simulcast over ABS-CBN TV-4 Legazpi (another local commercial television station), TV-10 Daet and Masbate, TV-7 Sorsogon and Virac, TV-7 Catarman.
In addition, it is the only newscast in the Philippines with a using video traffic system and sign language of the news for audience with visual difficulties. It is similar to TV Patrol Central Visayas, TV Patrol Northern Luzon and TV Patrol Southern Tagalog.
Originally, TV Patrol Bicol only aired in the Camarines Provinces, Southern parts of Quezon province, Northwest parts of Northern Samar, and some parts of the Bicol region from its inception in 1996. On November 2, 2005, TV Patrol Legazpi, which was aired only in Albay and other parts of the Bicol Region, merged with the newscast into TV Patrol Bicol, which now airs in the whole Bicol Region.
Area of Coverage
- Gerard Lorbes
- Rizza Mostar
- Jonathan Magistrado - he is a sit-in anchor for Gerard Lorbes.
- Jose Carretero - he is a sit-in co-anchor for Gerard Lorbes between beside Jonathan Magistrado and Mylce Mella
- Mylce Mella - she is a sit-in co-anchor for Rizza Mostar.
- Karren Canon
- Thea Omelan
- Erick Baldo
- Kate Delovieres
- Rona Nunez
- Issa Borromeo
- Allan Olivares
- Michelle Villanueva
Past reporters & anchors
- Faye Enciso
- Macel Ingles
- Sarita Kare-Telado (now an anchor of TV Patrol Southern Tagalog)
- Monina Avila-Llorin
- Rod Macenas - She is now an ABS-CBN Manila reporter.
- Kay Madrid
- Rose Olarte Orbita
- Aireen Perol-Jaymalin (current News Head)
- Jao Romero
- Anjelo San Buenaventura
- Tina Sumayao
- Cherrie Tinoko
- Cyril Diocos Toralde
- Frankie Evangelista - He made time outside the anchor duties of the national TV Patrol to be the pioneer anchor of the newscast.
- Amy Villafuerte - She is ABS-CBN Bicol station manager and the first female anchor of the newscast.
- Dominique Borja
- Elmer Caseles - A former male anchor of the newscast, now an anchor of GMA Bicol newscast 24 Oras Bikol.
- Christina Sumayao
- Woodrow Francia - He is now the station manager of ABS-CBN Batangas.
- Jane Bermundo Hernandez
- Alex Medina
- Harry Ebio
- Lyn Niebla